Last Update: May 2018
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
Your personal data is data which by itself or with other data available to us can be used to identify you. This data protection statement sets out how we will use your personal data. You can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at 10a West St, Southend on Sea, Essex. SS2 6HJ if you have any queries.
The types of data we collect and use
Full name, and personal details including contact information (eg home address, email address, home and mobile telephone numbers)
Date of Birth, Gender and age
Previous Martial Arts History
Bank account information
Images for Marketing and Publicity
Using your personal data
We will process your personal data;
- As necessary in order to be able to contact you in the event of an emergency
- In order for us to communicate with you regarding activities that are taking place at MKF.
- As a method for payments being taken for the services we provide, no bank account information is kept by MKF(HQ), as soon as the form are processed they are sent to the relevant bank for processing no copies of this data are kept.
- Images taken during club training. If you decide to leave the club these images will not be used for future purpose and will be deleted from our systems.
Sharing of your personal data.
Your data is not shared with any third parties. The only legal entities that have access to your data are direct associates with MKF (UK).
We may use your phone number, email address and social media (eg Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and message facilities in other platforms) to contact you with promotional material for MKF (UK). This promotional information may include special offers for clothing or additional classes available for school holidays etc.
Retention of Personal Data
If you leave MKF (HQ) we will retain your phone number and email address for future marketing reference.
Your rights under data protection law
Your rights are as follows (noting that these rights don’t apply in all circumstances and that data portability is only relevant from May 2018)
- The right to be informed about personal data
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data erased (the “right to be forgotton”);
- The right to request access to your personal data and information how we process it;
- The right to move, copy, or transfer your personal data and information how we process it;
- Rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office, it has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law: ico.org.uk
Meridian Kung Fu Brentwood is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Meridian Kung Fu Brentwood may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Data aggregation, analytics and profile creation
We may analyse your browsing behaviour to draw inferences and create profiles about your personal preferences and behaviours. We may then use such information for the purposes described below;
Behavioural advertising and cross platform targeting
(a) Served by us
We may use your information (including profile data) to serve you with advertising, which is relevant to you, on our websites and the websites of third parties.
(b) Served by third parties on our websites
(c) Served by third parties on third party websites
We may provide your personal information (including profile data) to third parties who may then use it in combination with personal information that they have collected from you to serve you with relevant advertising on third party websites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.